I’m European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

My partner and me personally you want to invest some days in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s the belgian residency card and filipino passport.

We do not find appropriate subjects about it, also on embassy web web web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, delivery and wedding certification, DO SHE WANT TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

You want to prevent the traditions in UK telling us “No, no entry, your lady requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Many Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies to the topic

Perhaps you have checked on website that is following?

It seems that she may well not desire a visa IF she’s got an Article 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a relative of a Union Citizen”

Needless to say this website was checked by us but :

Are you travelling with or visiting either your spouse or perhaps a grouped member of the family in the united kingdom?

That is the concern we do not realize : does it imply the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Whenever we reply no, then the visa becomes necessary

For people you will find different definitions. Im perhaps perhaps not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe maybe maybe not english.

Exacltly what the spouse requirements is determined by what kind of residence card she’s got. You can find three types. If she’s a residence card granted under Article 10 (with all the wording “Residence Card of a member of family of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of this Directive (with all the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a member of family of a Union Citizen”) then she just requires a marriage certification to show she’s hitched for you (along with a valid passport needless to say).

Then she also needs to apply for an EEA Family Permit if she has a residence card issued under Belgian domestic legislation which is not an Article 10 or Article 20 card as above. There’s no cost for acquiring an EEA Family license.

In either situation, this woman is just eligible to go to great britain WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. Like said, it really is your duty to test your very own situation, but the conditions for entry are explained right right here:

Your spouse is travelling with you, you will be (presumably) the owner of a EEA country passport. The point that is critical – and just it is possible to respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure having an explicit mention of the Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is plainly shown regarding the her F card “Residency card of family member of an EU citizen”, so I assume we are going to avoid to pay for worthless charge. Thanks a whole lot for the good and answers that are fast

HI, i will be in a similar situation she has an Belgium F card as you: I’m a Belgian, live and work in Belgium, my wife is Kenyan. It appears I guess we need an EEA family permit that it is not an article 10 card, so. This will depend on what you see the question from the gov.uk site as mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a relative in the united kingdom? therefore, does which means that i want to live or act as an Belgium in britain or otherwise not? I just would you like to bring a tourist see beside me n my partner to London for X-mas.

The next issue: whenever we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my partner will join me personally toghetter to create a brief trip to UK, so we do have to apply for the EEA family license, cost-free, then afther checking out the “apply” website link into the phrase “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license” about this site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit THEN we result in some sort of cycle with the exact same concern on which kind of visa we have to submit an application for also to make an application for several types of visa’s, nevertheless the EEA familypermit is nowhere found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a see or transportation visa” neither on “submit an application for other visas” I ended up in apply for an 6month visa for a fee of 110 euro afther I run the enormeous questionlist. Therefore in my experience, it’s not feasible to utilize for an EEA family license in the official internet site. Can anyone assist? Many Thanks

Under many circumstances, your lady will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, russian brides club which will be equally good) until you are “exercising your right to free motion” in an EU/EEA country that is perhaps maybe perhaps not your property nation (ie perhaps maybe not Belgium). If you were living/working (or had lived/worked) within an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it couldn’t make a difference which nation) then chances are you will be exercising that right and your spouse might get a card under Article 10 and travel with you towards the British with out a visa or an EEA Family Permit. She would just require her very own national passport and her wedding certification.

For the second question, regrettably, the internet system does not permit me to see just what alternatives you may be offered unless we create a dummy account while making a dummy application. My understanding is the fact that there are 2 problems:

whenever navigating the internet site, it generally does not provide you with any choice to choose “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING you’ve got developed a merchant account.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for “EEA Family Permit” after you have created an account,. From memory, i really believe (but just think, because we can;t observe that portion of the website) that you must pick from the boxes as follows answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The internet site wizard should then make suggestions through all of those other procedure without any indicator you need to spend a cost.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance because of the home business office recently, and received an answer which they “will observe your feedback up with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) that will be an element of the office at home, and certainly will make use of them to help make the content better if necessary” along with a closure admission for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, 29, 2018 october

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>